Stop #5: The Bellisserian Embassy at Corsica

Stop #5 was to the Second Life mainland continent of Corsica and the Bellisserian Embassy that lives there.  This place is so amazingly well designed it took my about 15 minutes to realize that it was built in a skybox.  Going to have to come back here in a future blog post and see how the actual ground level compares.  I'll leave a link at the bottom of this post when I do.
 

Tree-lined streets and a central canal adorn the landscape of this area, which is populated with brownstone buildings with a variety of shops and galleries.  The embassy building is no different, with the telltale bicycle leaning up against the building (where can I get ME one of those?!?)




As you enter, you'll see the map of the mainland Corsica region, as well as posters and links to the various mainland attractions connected with this area, including The Campbell Coast.  I didn't bother to click on anything because this area was so well designed I thought I was already down there.  Campbell Coast is described as "a rural Scottish coastal themed setting with access to protected roadway and coastal waterway."

As is true with all bureaucracy, you have to "wait in line" (Hint: no ... you don't!)  Fortunately I fared pretty well with my number this time and was immediately serviced.






Now it was time to take advantage of the many things to see and do here in this installation.  The Embassy is just one of the many points of interest here.  I was able to take a moment and rest on a park bench next to the central canal where a well-detailed but incongruously placed boat was moored.  (The bridges were so low, there was no way this boat was going anywhere .. lol)


As I was looking around, I happened to roam the storefronts and found a gallery for Inara Pey.  Inara has a great blog called "Living In A Modem World."  She did a great writeup in 2015 for a region Shaylin Morane and I built, you can read that article HERE!  She's also a pretty amazing photographer, so I stopped in and took a look.



There's also a great bar setup at one end of the street, with pretty much ANY combination of cocktail you can dream up.  I bellied up to the bar and had a glass of gin.

Hoping to come back to this area, and explore the mainland groundlevel part of The Campbell Coast to see if it measures up.


OH! ... and in case you were curious ... at least in Inara Pey's gallery, the pieces are available for purchase, so I snapped up the one I was drawn to earlier, and it is now viewable in the upper retro living room of the treehouse at The Redwood Grove.

Now if we can just steal Inara Pey's attention away to do a feature on The Redwood Grove! 

WINK! WINK!  Inara, are you hearing me? :)


Comments

  1. !Yay so gad you found us in your hunt for the BBB's Passport stamp! Nice read btw💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the Embassy Cranston! I'll follow your blog with interest.

    Boo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment