Stop #8: The Bellisseria Spring Festival at The Bellisseria Fairgrounds (LIMITED!)

This particular post comes hard on the heels of my last one, because of the limited nature of it.  The Bellisseria Spring Festival at The Bellisseria Fairgrounds is only from April 25th through April 30th.  So you should find your way into this quaint little walk back in time before Friday.  As it was hard on the heels of Fantasy Faire, I was already in the mode and so I grabbed my nearest medieval outfit and jumped at the chance.
So here we have landed at the entrance to the "Village of Bellishire" which is at the edge of a lush forest with a winding path that horseshoes around to another entrance to the village so have no fear about getting lost.  It is a pretty amazingly well done forest (And you knows how I loves my trees!)




The local inn's upper floor gives you a spectacular view of the common area, as well as the quaint Tudor houses dotting the circumference of it.  The upper floor also houses many sparse sleeping areas, so if you wanted a taste of what it was like to live in meager and close confines, this less-than-four-star hotel will give you the full treatment.



However, if you wanted some wine or ale after a long journey through the woods to town, the local tavern is happy to oblige.  The barmaid looks, well, let's be honest, she looks like I'm wasting her time.  Maybe I'll have to hire her at my own tavern, The Toothsome Wench, to keep the local Bellisserian riff-raff in line.  (HINT: The Toothsome Wench is also a passport destination, so be sure to get your stamp for there as well.)

You can't come into a small village and not have a tarot card reading from the local fortune teller.  Needless to say, the romance telling I got said highly-charged emotion and confusion would be a part of any relationship I'd be in, so .... HEY!!

NAILED IT!!!!



Next I got to try my hand at being a local merchant.  Do I look as confused as I think I do about looking at the books part of any financial endeavor?  I think maybe we should let the guy in green handle things.  He seems to be handling them a lot better than I am.  I think I caught him shaking his head in disbelief when I tried to make heads or tails of the money issue.


AH!  Now this is more like it!  Being on the buying end of things rather than the selling.  As I roamed around the various wares for sale, I suddenly remembered I didn't have the local currency available to purchase anything.  I wonder what these people would exchange for a handful of lindens?  (HINT:  The BBB Stamp dispenser is located in the center court, amid a tastefully arranged flowerbed.)



Roaming around, the creators have a great mix of medieval and renaissance tuneage playing on the stream to keep you in the medieval mood.  It was, however, Monday, and Bellis Blues Cafe showed up to have a great DJ set of blues tunes in the middle of the square.  It was a pretty good showing and the DJ was excellent, or maybe it was the beer and wine being served while we danced that is doing the talking.  NAH!  GOOD TUNES!!!

Comments