Stop #12: The Limoncello Art Gallery "Airship" Annexe in Nanga, on the mainland continent of Satori.

Today's trip around the grid takes us to the mainland continent of Satori, and the region of Nanga, where The Limoncello Art Gallery has created it's latest Annexe, their airship, appropriately named "Limoncello."



As it is an airship, I thought it reasonably appropriate to don some flight captain gear, and helm the vessel from the controls (non-functioning, after all this is a static exhibit.)  The original airship gallery dates back to at least 2008.  You can see a promotional video for the original airship gallery at this youtube link.




The current airship is a mesh build, with working spinning propellers, that give you that feeling of a true "travelling exhibition."  It is comprised of three decks, each 120 meters long.

That's a lot of art to see!




The Limoncello Art Gallery is a large collection of galleries with many annexes and installations, some permanent, and some temporary.  The upper deck is comprised of a link to the "Limoncello News" blog, the banner of which is, I assume, a picture of the original airship, which was BIG!!!  There is also a kiosk with teleport links to the other gallery annexes, and, of course, the passport stamp dispenser.


As mentioned, there are three decks full of artwork that has been collected over the years.  If you're like me, and consider yourself either an artist or an appreciator of art, maybe you want to do more than just view it, but learn more about the artist, and maybe find a way to procure a particular piece of art for yourself.  If so, the gallery gives advice on how to go about learning more.


I'll give you a short primer on how to go about this, as I find myself collecting art as I go to various art shows and galleries in Second Life.  Art pieces I'm drawn to have to do with travel and music, and so I found myself drawn to this piece, so I right-clicked and edited it to get the artist's profile (in this case, it was a piece by bachi cheng.)  If the artist is smart (and bachi is) they will provide picks for where to see more of their works.

One of the picks in bachi's profile is called **bachi's Arte** gives a link to their gallery, where you can hopefully find the piece you are looking for, as well as other pieces.  The particular region where the gallery is dedicates itself to blues music.  I think I've a future region to explore.  After finding the particular piece, often you can right click and purchase a copy for your own use, as I was able to do in this case.

Then all you need to do is find a place to rezz and display it, such as, I dunno, a particular blues venue that you happen to own, which is nestled in the middle of a redwood grove?  Yeah, I put it at my own blues venue, Club CTO.  I think it fits in quite nicely, don't you think?  Feel free to come to Club CTO (AFTER you've acquired your stamp of course) and check it out for yourself.

Comments

  1. Another great blog post, Cranston. You can bet that I will definitely be checking out the new gallery annex for Limoncello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this Cranston. Much appreciated write up of our beloved original airship home, where the gallery was founded in 2007 – now rebuilt in mesh and re-launched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great review Cranston! -- Limoncello is an amazing art contributor to SL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts