Stop #13: White Star Airfield on the mainland continent of Nautilus

 

Today we make a trip from my home in The Campbell Coast in Corsica, by horseback and plane, to pick up the Bellisserian Bureau of Bureaucracy Passport Stamp at White Star Airfield on the Nautilus continent.

Because it's an airport, I thought making a flight plan would be a good way to go.


I also wanted to make this as immersive as possible, and that is why I chose to start out at my Campbell Coast log cabin, and to traverse as much SL ground as possible.  Things can get a bit rustic on Corsica in some areas, and Campbell Coast is no exception, so my wearable Teegle clydesdale, Admiral, rose to the challenge.


Fortunately, The Campbell Coast has it's own runway at Campbell Airfield.  At the moment it is private and, at least as far as rezzing goes, is solely for the use of The Campbell Coast Community.  If you're a pilot and a Campbell Coast resident, I highly recommend Campbell Airfield.  It's at a nice altitude (152m) with a single East/West runway (090/270.)  There are some security orbs that you encounter as you take off on runway 270, but they have plenty of seconds to let you get out of there.

There's plenty of open water to allow you to navigate and line up for the North South channel which connects the continents of Corsica and Nautilus.  This is one of the shorter flights, with just a western turn to line up with runway 270 at White Star, and with Second Life moving to Amazon Web Services, the region crossings had minimal difficulty.



I decided to create a video chronicling the trip from my cabin to Campbell Air to White Star.

As you'll see from the vid, even after years away from Second Life flying, I still managed to make it to #16 on the top 100 landings at White Star Airfield.

According to the SL Aviation Wiki, White Star Airfield was created in 2015, and named after the line that hosted The RMS Titanic, which used to be rezzed in the same area.

There's plenty of space at White Star, and a number of roleplay opportunities exist, as well as a number of virtual airlines, should you decide that you'd rather be a passenger, rather than a pilot.

There's a single east/west (090/270) runway, with well marked taxiways, expanded over two regions.


The BBB stamp kiosk is on the far western side of the Grayling region.  Happy flying, stampers!



Comments

  1. I love the video! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Oh Cranston! You make me think I need to Learn to Fly! Amazing video and a beautiful landing! I love that White Star Airport ♥ There's an evil cat there with an office in the ATC tower and she's a Bellisserian too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent video, love the custom paintwork on that plane!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts